Life is the art of drawing without an eraser ~ John W. Gardner

Trip to Langkawi Island – Day 1

21 Sept 2008 – Sunday

Finished packing, slept at 1.30am. Woke up 4.30am, packing the daily necessities and my skincare. Felt like I was sleepwalking, couldn’t remember what I packed. Rushed to the LCCT at 5.30am. Andrew’s dad sent us to the KLIA instead!! Made a big U-turn to LCCT. Finally reached LCCT at 6.35am. Bye bye Kuala Lumpur for the time being. I would not miss YOU. Hehehehe.

We rented a car for 3 days for RM100, it was a Proton Iswara. Good enough for all the hilly roads. Most importantly, it doesn’t consume much of the petrol.

Nice weather in Langkawi, all the sunshine and sea breeze… Funny, I wasn’t coughing as much in Langkawi as when I was in KL. My voice was clear and my throat was good!

First destination – Langkawi Cable Car. Located near Pantai Kok. Entrance fee is only RM15 per person. It was fun. The cable car ascends almost at 45º! Along the way up the mountain, there’s 2 waterfalls on the left and right side. The view is spectacular! About 10 minutes, we reached the first viewing deck. Another 5 minutes, it’s the highest viewing deck. It is at 710 meters above sea level. The view is superb.

There is an Oriental Village located right at the exit of the cable car station. Nothing much there, just a lack of maintenance lake and some orange color buildings.

We went to Awana Porto Malai at 12pm to check-in. Silly Ashley got confused with the check-in and check-out time. Luckily the room was ready and they allowed us to have an early check-in. A plus point there.

The room was nice and spacious, can easily fit in another 2 single beds. The view from the room was fantastic! I didn’t make the wrong decision then to top RM10 for sea view.

Freshen up, had lunch in Lan Kwai Fong Restaurant along Pantai Cenang. Not a good choice, but we were hungry.

Went to the Mahsuri Mausoleum (or Tomb of Mahsuri), entrance fee RM5 per person. Nothing much inside, just a walk-through of the story of Mahsuri and some kampung style show houses. There was a small bird park at the back though.

Went to the Kuah town, wanted to go to the Eagle Square. Damn it, no where to park the car! I was so damn tired and sleepy. Andrew parked the car so far from the square, had to walk a long distance to reach the square. I gave up not even half way. Went back to the hotel and sleep!! I was so tired that I slept all the way back to the hotel in the car.

Woke up at 8pm. Went to a fusion restaurant for dinner, Putumayo. What an unique name. The decorations are nice. But the food is damn expensive! 4 pieces of prawns, cost us RM28!!! Total bill was RM80 for 3 dishes and 2 juices. OMG!

After the dinner, we roamed around the shops and boutiques nearby. Back to hotel, explored the hotel. Time for bed.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s